While each brand and model is slightly different, most follow these general guidelines:
Ensure your gas key (located near the fireplace is turned on):
- Locate the knob that says "PILOT".
- Turn knob to the "PILOT" position.
- Press the knob in and hold
- While holding the knob in, press the igniter button repeatedly until pilot lights.
- DO NOT let off the Pilot knob.
- Once the pilot lights, you'll hold the knob in for up to a minute allowing the thermocouple to heat up.
- Release knob and turn on. If pilot goes out, repeat the above steps or schedule a service appointment with us.